Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Introduction of sorts

I have never been good at intro's but I will try my best, feel free to ask anything that I leave out.
I am Linda, 28 years old, single mom of three amazing children. 
My oldest and my only biological child is Alex who is 7 and was diagnosed with autism when he was 3.5 years old.  Its been a crazy ride but I can say that he has come so far, from being so far behind his peers to doing acedemics that are a grade level above where he is at, from being in his own little world to being over social (something we are working on), from multiple meltdowns a week to maybe one a month, from having tons of sensory issues to finding ways to help those sensory issues so they are not much of an issue any more. He loves running, climbing, video games, and playing with his siblings.
My middle child Katie is 6 and came to me when she was 9 months old. She is biologically my niece, but in my heart she will always be my daughter. Katie was diagnosed with pFAS (partial fetal alcohol syndrome) when she was 3.5 years old, then diagnosed with ADHD and ODD when she was 5.  She struggles with memory, hyperness, attention, and impulse control but has made alot of progress. She loves to play house and do girly things but is also a tomboy and keeps up with her brothers.
My youngest is Aiden and he is 3.  He came to me right from the hospital and has never left my side.  The plan for him was always adoption so he didn't have the back and forth between homes like Katie did. Aiden had so many issues his first year like jaundice, group b strep, a staph infection, torticollis, plagiocephaly, and multiple sensory issues that made feeding a challenge from birth until he was 1.5 years old. But now he seems to be doing great.  Eventually I am guessing that he will also be diagnosed with some form of fetal alcohol syndrome but for now I am just waiting and seeing.  He is a pretty typical 3 year old, he loves cars, trains, and being outside.
As for me, I love spending time with my kids.  Its amazing being a mom and watching them grow. Even though I am a single mom I have an amazing support system and am greatful for it. I like to do digital scrapbooking, and play around on the computer, I enjoy going for walks.  I am just now getting into sewing and quilting. I have always been the type to roll up my sleeves and get things done.  I would rather be the one putting together the computer desk than just sitting there watching.  I like to dig in and get things done. I love being creative, with whatever I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment